Appendix 3 - Further reading
Relevant UK publications
- BMA, Advance Decisions and Proxy Decision-Making in Medical Treatment and Research (June 2007)
- BMA, Consent Toolkit, fourth edition (2008)
- British Medical Association, the Resuscitation Council (UK) and the Royal College of Nursing, Decisions Relating to Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: A Joint Statement (October 2007)
- Ministry of Justice, Mental Capacity Act 2005: Code of Practice (April 2007)
- Department of Health, Good Practice in Consent Implementation Guide: Consent to Examination or Treatment (November 2001); Seeking Consent: Working with People with Learning Disabilities (November 2001); Seeking Consent: Working with Older People (November 2001); Reference Guide to Consent for Examination or Treatment (April 2001); Seeking Consent: Working with Children (January 2001); Seeking Consent: Working with People in Prison (July 2002)
- General Medical Council, Withholding and Withdrawing Life-Prolonging Treatments: Good Practice in Decision-Making (2002).
- English, Veronica, Assessment of Mental Capacity: Guidance for Doctors and Lawyers, second revised edition, (April 2004) BMJ Books
- BMA Ethics Department, Medical Ethics Today: Its Practice and Philosophy (2003) BMJ.