Mastering Professional Interactions
You may not have realised, but a third of patients making a complaint or claim have been urged to do so by other doctors.
When the care of a patient passes between doctors or when two doctors disagree over the best care for a patient this can lead to increased risk for all parties involved. We are seeing the risk from these types of professional interactions increasing and more frequently leading to complaints, claims and disciplinary actions against doctors.
The Mastering Professional Interactions workshop is designed to help you identify the risk factors related to professional interactions. It provides proven techniques and models to reduce risk and improve patient outcomes.
“96% of attendees agreed that they were likely to change something within their practice as a result of attending.
By attending this workshop you will:
- Increase your understanding of the nature of high-risk professional interactions
- Learn how to deal with disagreements between doctors over patient care
- Develop more effective colleague interactions
- Gain increased awareness of risk to patients and doctors when patient care is transferred or disagreements occur
- Learn specific strategies to improve formal referral and clinical handover.