This workshop offers professional insights and key communication skills for when patient care passes between doctors. It is designed to help you improve the safety of care that you and your colleagues collectively provide. By highlighting the danger of assumption, and the need for communication, it can also help you reduce your risk of complaints or claims.
"Up to 60% of patients taking action claimed not to have considered doing so until a healthcare professional suggested (it)"
Hickson and Entman 2008
Safely sharing patient care
- Discover the importance of professional interactions
- Understand the danger of assumption
- Find out how to ensure patient safety through good communication
- Improve collaboration with your colleagues to reduce stress
- Learn how to transfer patient care safely with our five step S.H.I.F.T guide.
Doctors in specialty or GP training
Non-consultant hospital doctors
Small group-facilitated discussions
Rehearsal of skills
Medical Protection members - Free
Non-members - £150 (incl VAT)
Call: +44 113 241 0696