Guidance, advice, and defence – all the protection you need under one roof
Medical indemnity safeguards doctors and healthcare professionals against the repercussions of malpractice claims, allowing them to focus on delivering optimal patient care knowing their career, reputation, and finances are in safe hands.
Join Medical Protection now, for membership that gives you access to invaluable medicolegal advice and support allowing you to navigate complex legal and ethical challenges, helping you to make informed decisions. With a team of experts by your side, memberships means you can practise with confidence, knowing that whatever challenges you may face, we’re by your side and ready in your corner.
Consultant membership can be tailored to any private practice work you undertake, with access to indemnity or professional protection that goes beyond state indemnity for NHS-only consultants. SAS grade doctors, specialty trainees, and secondary care locums can choose membership to support any role and career stage.
If any of the statements below apply to you please call us on 0800 561 9000.
• You are applying for membership for work undertaken in more than one country • You are applying for membership for both medical and dental work • You are applying for membership for both a general practitioner and a hospital doctor role • You require membership of an existing group arrangement and undertake work outside of the group, for which you require individual membership
• You are a consultant with no registered specialties • You are an obstetrician, gynaecologist or maxillofacial surgeon • You are a clinical scientist
Please note, if you have outstanding regulatory, licensing, registration body, criminal or disciplinary investigations your application will not be accepted.
Continue to quote
If you are a GPST/ST applying for membership as part of a HEE block indemnity arrangement please use our fast-track application form here.
To apply for membership please select your relevant role. Further information about support for IMGs can be found here.
Membership offers protection for the entire practice team, including GP locums, that goes beyond GP indemnity. This includes advice and legal representation, medicolegal advice, and options for any private work you may do.
• If you are a GP with all of your work in England, Wales or the Isle of Man, please click on the button below.
• If any of your GP practise occurs in Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands, please click here.
If you work across both primary and secondary care, membership can provide peace of mind to allow you to practise in confidence, knowing you have a team of experts by your side.
• If you work in primary care with all of your work in England, Wales or the Isle of Man, please click on the button below:
England, Wales or the Isle of Man.
• If you work in primary care with all or any of your practise occuring in Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands, please click below:
Scotland, Wales or the Channel Islands
From the moment you step foot in medical school, membership provides you with the support you need to develop and practise safely. This includes help with your elective indemnity needs, support with complaints, or representation at hearings.
Initiatives to transform the NHS are changing the way GPs and consultants work. At-scale arrangements are increasingly common and clinical contracts are frequently delivered through private organisations and limited companies.
Medical Protection can provide uniquely tailored indemnity and support that we can provide for your organisation and employees.
For further information on group and corporate membership click here.
You'll notice a few things have changed on our website. After asking our members what they want in an online platform, we've made it easier to access our membership benefits and created a more personalised user experience.
Why not take our quick 60-second tour? We'll show you how it all works and it should only take a minute.
Take the tour Continue to site
Use the top navigation bar to access essential links from any page of the site.
Should you need to contact us, our phone numbers are always visible.
Start your search by choosing your profession and/or area of interest through the two dropdowns.
Enter keywords to find specific resources. For exact terms, just use speech marks, e.g. "record keeping".
We'll save your profession in the "I am a..." dropdown filter for next time.
Narrow your search based on theme, field, format, article, type or location.
Based on the pages you visit, we'll also provide useful links under the 'More' tab.
Now you've seen all of the updated features, it's time for you to try them out.
Continue to site Take again