Empowering you to take control of the risks you face
We’re not just here in case things go wrong. With Medical Protection you have access to membership benefits and resources that can help stop problems from occurring in the first place.
Foundation doctors benefits and renewal
Find out more about member benefits specifically for foundation doctors as well as renewal information.
We are more than defence, we provide advice and resources to support you through your foundation years, including CPD and evidence for your e-portfolio. To find out more please click here or on the medicolegal advice link the navigation.
The most effective way to access and browse your benefits is to tailor this website to your career stage. To do so simply choose I am a Foundation doctor in the filter above or click here. Tip: we suggest bookmarking for future visits.
Alternatively use the links below to go directly to specific benefits.
Defence to protect your professional reputation
- Advice and legal representation:
- for GMC procedures
- in relation to disciplinary matters
- at inquests / Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Support with criminal investigations and allegations arising from your clinical practice
- Assistance in responding to and resolving complaints
- Help with unwanted media attention.
Support for your professional development
- Free communication skills and risk management workshops.
- Free online learning modules.
- CPD available.
- Events around the country.
Advice whenever you need it
- Free medicolegal advice line
- Emergency advice available 24/7
- Online case reports
- Medicolegal factsheets on common concerns
- Leading journal Casebook
- Monthly e-bulletin.
Continuing your membership for your foundation training
Renew your Medical Protection membership and practise with confidence
Your guide to Medical Protection membership
Your guide to member benefits outlines the vast range of resources you can use to help manage your risk, receive expert help when you need it, and practise with confidence throughout your career.
Download your membership guide
Understanding your membership
Please take time to read the guide to your responsibilities as a member and examples of those circumstances in which we are unlikely to be able to help with a request for assistance.Read the guide