Am I protected?
This recorded webinar looks at why it’s so important for all state-employed HCPs to have additional indemnity or insurance above and beyond state indemnity.
View recorded webinar below
While you are covered by your employer for negligence claims, there are many threats to your career, reputation and finances where you could be left unsupported. These include:
• A complaint from a hospital manager to the HPCSA
• A dissatisfied patient or disgruntled colleague lodging a formal complaint at the HPCSA
• Criminal charges arising from clinical practice
• An inquest when there may be a conflict between the individual healthcare practitioner and the state
We cover all these issues and highlight the many benefits of private indemnity with Medical Protection, such as expert medicolegal advice, access to risk prevention education and support with your wellbeing.
The webinar will provide you with:
• A working understanding of state indemnity in South Africa, including the RSA Treasury regulations
• An understanding of the limits of state indemnity
• An overview of medicolegal cases, financial costs of medicolegal matters and the impact of medicolegal issues on the practitioner
• Practical examples of medicolegal dilemmas for state employees
Am I protected? Why state doctors need more than just state indemnity
• Date recorded: Monday 14 June 2021
• CPD: 1 ethics point