Empowering you to take control of the risks you face
We’re not just here in case things go wrong. With Medical Protection you have access to membership benefits and resources that can help stop problems from occurring in the first place.
Defence to protect your professional reputation
- Advice and legal representation:
- for GMC procedures
- in relation to disciplinary matters
- at inquests / Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Support with criminal investigations and allegations arising from your clinical practice
- Assistance in responding to and resolving complaints
- Help with unwanted media attention.
SEE WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
Support for your professional development
- Free communication skills and risk management workshops
- Free online learning modules
- CPD available
- Events around the country.
View the online resources
Advice whenever you need it
- Free medicolegal advice line
- Emergency advice available 24/7
- Online case reports
- Medicolegal factsheets on common concerns
- Leading journal Casebook
- Monthly e-bulletin.
Continuing your membership for your foundation training
Renew your Medical Protection membership and practise with confidence
Your guide to Medical Protection membership
Your guide to member benefits outlines the vast range of resources you can use to help manage your risk, receive expert help when you need it, and practise with confidence throughout your career.
Download your membership guide
Understanding your membership
Please take time to read the guide to your responsibilities as a member and examples of those circumstances in which we are unlikely to be able to help with a request for assistance.Read the guide