Prescription for Risk – A prescribing workshop for nurses
Patient safety is a fundamental part of delivering high quality healthcare in this country. Now, more than ever before, nurses need to be risk aware in order to ensure the delivery of safe care.
This workshop has been developed to help nurses who are working in specialist roles to increase awareness of the potential for things to go wrong and to practice safely, particularly with regards to prescribing.
By completing this workshop you will:
- Confirm the importance of putting 'safety first' for your patients
- Improve quality of care and patient safety
- Appreciate some of the legislative and professional requirements of nurse prescribing
- Have a better understanding of the nature and frequency of medication errors why we make mistakes.
This will help you to:
- Prescribe more safely
- Reduce possibility of harm to patients
- Improve job satisfaction
- Reduce your risk of complaints and claims
Specialist nurses, advanced nurse practitioners, prescribing nurses, practice nurses
3 hour workshop
Please call Education Services to discuss costs
3 hours CPD
Feedback from Clinical Nurse specialists
"I wish I had done this workshop before my nurse prescribing module"
"I found the day really useful and it will help me to reflect on my practice"
"I will encourage other members of my team to attend this workshop"
"The facilitator was brilliant in her manner and ability to keep the session interactive; she also had a grasp on the reality of nursing in the workplace"
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)113 241 0696