Doctors are increasingly invited to act as medical experts and to provide independent opinion in medical negligence litigation, Medical Council inquiries, personal injury court cases and tribunals.
Here is a chance for you to be trained as a medical expert and to learn about the Court’s expectations, procedures and your obligations for the benefit of patients, the public and the profession.
Please register early to secure your place as the number of participants will be limited. This course has been accredited for 3 CPD points each day.
Admission is FREE TO Medical Protection and Malaysian Medical Association members.
Jointly organised and sponsored by:
08.00 – 08.30 Registration
08.30 – 12.30 Training
12.30 – 13.15 Lunch
13.15 – 17.30 Training
- Role of medical experts
- Principles of medical negligence
- The litigation process in Malaysia
- Instructions and writing an expert report
- An expert’s perspective
- Claims handling ethics
- Expert reports – the good, the bad and the ugly
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Medical experts in MMC inquiries, coroner's inquestions and other situations
- Appearance in court – cross examination role play
- Question and answer session
- Quickfire quiz
Malaysian Medical Association
Medico-Legal Society of Malaysia
The Ministry of Health, Malaysia