In order for you to reach your full potential during your employment with us, we want to make sure you have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform your role to the best of your ability.
We strongly believe that during your career you should be given the opportunity to learn and grow at work. Our Talent, Leadership and Culture team have developed a wide range of materials to allow you to do this, including workshops and online resources including video, articles and external web links that will stretch you and develop your skills. MPS also support the development of professional qualifications where appropriate.
All new starters with MPS undergo an induction and for anyone that works in our call centre, a full training course is provided with several modules to complete.
Developing (and consequently working at full potential) as individuals, within teams and as an organisation ultimately means we can continue delivering world class service to members.
The Leadership Framework is our organisational blueprint of what good leadership looks like. It applies to all MPS colleagues – managers and non-managers alike. By reviewing your skills and competencies against the Leadership Framework you can start to identify areas for development. The framework underpins our recruitment and development activities across all levels with MPS.
The Leadership Framework is used for:
Identifying performance and skills gaps. Using the competencies also helps give clarity and objectivity for feedback and coaching.
Using the framework to help gather objective information about an individual’s skills and performance.
Recruitment and resourcing
Assessing candidate suitability for roles using the framework competencies.
Identifying organisational skills gaps and developing appropriate learning interventions to address them.
Here is some more information about the different parts of the framework and why they are important to MPS.
- What it means: To contribute new and original ideas, insight and solutions. To come up with ways to give the membership more, helping us to continue to be by their side far into the future.
- Why it matters: Fresh thinking is at the heart of retaining a competitive edge. It supports a culture where we all consistently look to grow, learn and improve.
Building capability in self and others
- What it means: To develop yourself and others, being prepared to support the needs of both MPS and the membership for the future. To create a positive climate where we can all continuously improve
- Why it matters: Building capability means we can all perform at our best, helping us succeed, even as needs and demands change.
- What it means: To positively influence colleagues, and people outside the business, overcoming challenges and gaining support to benefit our members and MPS.
- Why it matters: We must be able to influence, collaborate and adapt so that ours is a culture where we work well together, where we are able to deliver the results we need for the benefit of the organisation.
Collaborating with others
- What it means: To work with people across the organisation, building productive relationships that achieve the best outcomes for MPS and our membership.
- Why it matters: The diverse skills, experience and viewpoints of our colleagues is one of our greatest strengths. Collaboration is essential in preventing isolated working and a blame culture.
We can achieve so much more together than we could do alone.
Leading self and others
- What it means: To take ownership for your own behaviours and the impact they have on others, achieving success by empowering others to do the same.
- Why it matters: Taking responsibility for yourself and others is essential to being successful in difficult and uncertain times. It allows us to deliver on our commitments to colleagues and the membership, providing an excellent member experience.
Commercial and risk thinking
- What it means: To have a commercial, financial and sustainable mindset that ensures all activities and services deliver value to the membership, sustainable growth and financial security.
- Why it matters: Commercial and risk thinking maintains a long-term economic focus in all activities. It allows us to picture alternative scenarios, enabling us to respond to unpredictable changes ahead of our competitors.
Search current vacancies
Click the link below to browse our current vacancies and apply for roles that we are actively recruiting for.
Register your interest
Alternatively, if you don’t see a role that’s right for you now then we would love for you to leave your details with us so that we can contact you in the future. Click the link below to register your interest in working at MPS and set up relevant job alerts.