Protecting you is the cornerstone on which Medical Protection is built. However, your membership provides so much more than just a last line of defence.
You can also access a vast range of benefits, designed to provide day-to-day support and advise whilst you’re training in general practice, as well as helping you to prepare for your assessments, provide evidence for your e-portfolio and progress into your career as a GP.
ENHANCE YOUR SKILLS
You can improve your key skills or develop new ones by attending our FREE communication skills workshops. These are held regularly in city-centre locations throughout the UK, providing expert insights, knowledge and specialist training around crucial areas, including:
• Build your confidence and improve performance in consultations
• Demonstrate correct professional behaviour for your WPBAs and CSA
• Know what risks you face and avoid receiving complaints or being sued by patients
If finding the time to attend a workshop is a challenge, you can learn at a time and a place that suits. As a member, you can log on to our online e-learning platform, PRISM, where you’ll find over 40 hours of interactive learning modules. This enables you to:
• Sample Emedica’s mock AKT exam
• Enhance your interpersonal skills
• Test you clinical risk management knowledge and prevent complaints
You’ll also find a host of additional resources, available to support your learning for both your professional and clinical modules.
• Prepare for your MRCGP exams by reading our MRCGP revision guide
• Reflect upon real life case reports and demonstrate your learning in practice
• Access our catalogue of medicolegal factsheets to improve your knowledge
• Read our advice booklets for practical guidance and professional advice
• Exclusive 35% discount for members on every book on the Scion Publishing website.
IF THE WORST SHOULD HAPPEN
If something is on your mind don’t be afraid to contact us for advice, no matter how small the problem may seem - we can provide you with expert advice, doctor to doctor.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED
As part of your membership you will receive each issue of Casebook, our flagship journal full of medicolegal news, case reports and thought-provoking articles to reflect upon.
As a GP trainee member you will also receive our e-bulletin, New GP Xtra, providing you with advice for assessment preparation, exclusive offers for revision support, top tips for life in general practice and much more.
« Flexible membership