- 6 month fixed term contract
- Based in London
- Full time
- Attractive salary plus benefits
The Medical Protection Society Limited (“MPS”) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for any complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our Medical department is looking to recruit a Medical Secretary to operate from our offices in London. As a Medical Secretary you will provide both secretarial and administrative support to a team of Medicolegal Advisers and the wider department, with the object of supporting the overall delivery of world class service. As a Medical Secretary you will also deal with members of MPS on the telephone, along with solicitors and others involved in MPS business. You will be responsible for diary management and prioritisation of workloads.
We are interested in candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- RSA II or equivalent qualifications are desirable but not a necessity
- Ability to prioritise work effectively
- Experience of working in an environment where medical vocabulary is frequently used would be helpful, but not a prerequisite
- Excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of MS Office, including Windows, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Good diary keeping is essential and ability to keep calm under stress, tactful and diplomatic
- Excellent telephone manner
In return, we offer a great working environment in conveniently located offices at The Shard. We offer an exceptional benefits package, including a 12% pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), private medical insurance and a health care cash plan.
Download a role profile here
To apply or enquire, please send a CV along with salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of George Mill
The closing date for this role is 31 October 2017