- Based in Leeds
- Full time, permanent
- Attractive salary plus benefits
MPS is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 290,000 members around the world. Our benefits include access to indemnity, expert advice and peace of mind. Our in-house experts assist with the wide range of legal and ethical problems that arise from professional practice. This includes clinical negligence claims, complaints, medical and dental council inquiries, legal and ethical dilemmas, disciplinary procedures, inquests and fatal accident inquiries.
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Information Analyst to join us in a permanent role, based in our Leeds office. MPS has over 275,000 members across more than 40 territories. Annual subscription income is around £500m of which around £400m is derived from medical members. MPS has more than 200,000 members paying annual subscriptions of at least £10 equivalent in more than 1,100 categories of membership. The department is crucial for MPS to maintain its membership and annual subscription for the solvency of the company.
*The above figures are based on 2016 year end numbers.
- Produce, maintain and fully understand the core monthly data processing
- Produce, maintain and fully understand the data feeds for the company actuaries
- Work with IT to understand application support and ensure methodologies are adopted to make the best use of available software packages
- Understand the needs of the business and provide recommendations for future development
- Support a variety of project work and new initiatives
- Complying with applicable professional ethical guidance and all relevant internal rules, policy and procedure’s, including those relating to health and safety, data protection, IT security and all those contained within the issued staff handbook.
- Knowledge of MS Access including experience of VBA
- Strong SQL and Excel skills
- The ability to proactively manage workload
- Strong soft skills with the ability to build relationships within the business
- Considered and logical thinker able to take a holistic view of work undertaken
- The ability to pick up new skills and train on new software packages
You will be educated to degree standard or shall have a relevant professional qualification, coupled with the experience listed above.
If you are looking to take on a transformational role that will impact the way MPS operates, then we want to hear from you.
In return, we offer a great working environment in conveniently located offices in the City Centre. We offer an exceptional benefits package, including a 12% pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), private medical insurance and a health care cash plan, car allowance, childcare vouchers and an annual bonus scheme.
Download a role profile
To apply or enquire, please send a CV along with salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of George Mill.
The closing date for this role is 15th June 2017.