- Based in Leeds
- Full time, permanent
- Attractive salary plus benefits
MPS is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 290,000 members around the world. Our benefits include access to indemnity, expert advice and peace of mind. Our in-house experts assist with the wide range of legal and ethical problems that arise from professional practice. This includes clinical negligence claims, complaints, medical and dental council inquiries, legal and ethical dilemmas, disciplinary procedures, inquests and fatal accident inquiries.
We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Delivery Manager to join us, in a permanent role, based in our Leeds office.
IT Operations provides the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to support MPS’s business strategy and strategic change programme. The department develops, enhances and manages applications and infrastructure through appropriate architecture streams to provision highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support MPS in its delivery of a world class service by exceptional staff. To manage the successful delivery of value-add IT projects within a change portfolio. The role holder will be expected to manage multiple concurrent projects in a matrix environment and lead a team of Lead Infrastructure Analysts and IT Delivery Leads.
- Accountable for managing the end-to-end delivery of IT projects within MPS as per the change portfolio
- Lead a team of Senior Infrastructure Analysts, IT Delivery Managers and Senior Telecoms Analyst, providing coaching and mentoring
- Establish and maintain strategic links with a range of external partners/stakeholders or manage the links made through the team. Engage with external partners/stakeholders to gain their necessary level of contribution & commitment to the successful delivery of your work
- Manages the IT Project(s) budget and undertakes project risk management, ensuring updates are regularly provided on IT delivery
- Manage the introduction of new technical solutions into the IT operational environment, ensuring adequate documentation is created and disseminated and training provided to specialist IT staff as appropriate to enable them to implement and support the new technology
- Experience in at least one Agile Methodology (preferably Scrum)
- Previous experience working as Delivery Manager
- Strong track record of successful full-lifecycle IT project delivery
- Extensive experience of working in relationship based environments
- Experience of delivering projects in a matrix type structure
Ideally, you will be educated to degree standard or shall have a relevant professional qualification, coupled with the experience listed above.
If you are looking to take on a transformational role that will impact the way MPS operates, then we want to hear from you.
In return, we offer a great working environment in conveniently located offices in the City Centre. We offer an exceptional benefits package, including a 12% pension scheme, 25 days holiday (in addition to public holidays), private medical insurance and a health care cash plan, car allowance, childcare vouchers and an annual bonus scheme.
Download a role profile
To apply or enquire, please send a CV along with salary expectation to email@example.com for the attention of George Mill.
The closing date for this role is 15 June. However, due to the urgency of this role, we may be interviewing before the closing date.