- Based in Leeds
- Full time, permanent
- Attractive salary plus benefits
MPS is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 290,000 members around the world. Our benefits include access to indemnity, expert advice and peace of mind. Our in-house experts assist with the wide range of legal and ethical problems that arise from professional practice. This includes clinical negligence claims, complaints, medical and dental council inquiries, legal and ethical dilemmas, disciplinary procedures, inquests and fatal accident inquiries.
We are currently recruiting for a Database Administrator to join us, in a permanent role, based in our Leeds office.
IT Operations provides the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to support MPS’s business strategy and strategic change programme. The department develops, enhances and manages applications and infrastructure through appropriate architecture streams to provision highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support MPS in its delivery of a world class service by exceptional staff. To manage the successful delivery of value-add IT projects within a change portfolio. The role holder will be expected to manage multiple concurrent projects in a matrix environment and lead a team of Lead Infrastructure Analysts and IT Delivery Leads.
- An in depth understanding of IT operations, with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Assessment and recommendations related to proposed database technologies or options
- Provision 3rd line support services to the business. Liaise closely with Service Desk Team Leader to ensure the highest level of support to MPS users. Use skills and experience to identify and resolve root causes
- Maintain an appropriate software license tracking system that services the legal responsibilities of MPS
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls
- Formulate and deliver a database strategy consistent with the requirements of MPS’ business objectives.
- Microsoft SQL Server Experience, including SQL Server 2005 and ideally up to SQL Server 2012, with knowledge of differences in all versions and across all SQL Server editions
- In-depth understanding of database security during their design and deployment
- Experience of enterprise database design, strategy and architecture.
- A highly capable business-oriented individual
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of SSRS
Ideally, you will be educated to degree standard or shall have a relevant professional qualification, coupled with the experience listed above.
If you are looking to take on a transformational role that will impact the way MPS operates, then we want to hear from you.
In return, we offer a great working environment in conveniently located offices in the City Centre. We offer an exceptional benefits package, including a 12% pension scheme, 25 days holiday (in addition to public holidays), private medical insurance and a health care cash plan, car allowance, childcare vouchers and an annual bonus scheme.
Download a role profile
To apply or enquire, please send a CV along with salary expectation to email@example.com for the attention of George Mill.
The closing date for this role is 15 June. However, due to the urgency of this role, we may be interviewing before the closing date.