Enhance your expertise, reduce your risk
Take action to reduce the challenges to your practice, with our one-day Risk Management Masterclass.
As an experienced surgeon, you know about the rising risk of complaints and litigation. Reduce those risks by developing your communication skills.
Get insight from fellow doctors at sessions tailored to the needs of your specialty. Gain practical techniques to take away and apply to your practice immediately, helping improve your interactions with patients.
Experienced Orthopaedic, Spinal and Neurosurgeons
Accredited for 6 ethical CEU per Masterclass
By attending this masterclass you will:
- Understand the link between communication and litigation
- Incorporate the skills of listening, reflection and checking on patient understanding
- Improve the skills required for consent and shared decision making
- Appreciate patient motivations to complain or claim
- Communicate regret and empathy with the patient’s situation and understand that this is not necessarily an admission of liability
- Apply models for communicating with patients about adverse outcomes
- Be provided with skills that will help reduce your exposure to complaints and claims.
A one-day interactive and practical session tailored to the needs of your specialty.
The morning session comprises a series of lectures, reflections and activities on the importance and benefits of good communication in developing a trusting relationship with patients, eliciting expectations and arriving at decisions with patients. You will also examine the importance of engaging patients after an actual or perceived adverse outcome and learn a model for undertaking this conversation.
In the afternoon you will have the opportunity to practice the skills learnt by working with actor-simulated patients on scenarios of both pre and post-treatment
For information email email@example.com
New dates to be released soon