The right of Sandy Anthony to be identified as the author of the text of this work has been asserted by her in accordance with Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
This booklet was produced as a resource for MPS members in South Africa. It is intended as general guidance only. To read the booklet, see the PDF attachment on the right or use the navigational tools at the bottom of the page. For more specific practical advice and support with medicolegal issues that may arise, please contact MPS.
- Laws, ethics and professional regulation
- Case law
- The role and powers of the Council
- Ethical considerations
- Other considerations
- Working environment
- Incident reporting system
- Clinical management of patients
- Carrying out a physical examination
- Maintaining an open mind: Being willing to revise an initial diagnosis
- Keeping comprehensive and contemporaneous clinical records
- Safe prescribing
- Non-clinical attributes