Mastering Adverse Outcomes
Develop your skills to effectively and ethically manage the care of patients following an adverse outcome.
We know that how you communicate with a patient when something has gone wrong is one of the key factors in determining if a patient will make a complaint or a claim. Yet most doctors receive little or no formal training in how to communicate in what can be a difficult and stressful situation.
The Mastering Adverse Outcomes workshop is designed to fill this gap, providing you with powerful techniques that can reduce your exposure to risk of complaints or claims.
“So helpful, thanks. It would be really good to have the MPS come to my hospital department to talk to the staff about risk management, adverse outcomes and professional relationships.
By attending this workshop you will:
- enhance your skills to communicate with patients when something has gone wrong
- understand the cultural and legal implications of expressing regret
- increase your understanding of ethical, regulatory, legal and professional obligations following an adverse outcome including duty of disclosure
- reduce your risk of complaints or claims
- increase your knowledge of the research related to adverse outcomes.