Having closely followed the evolving coronavirus situation; and taking into consideration official advice and local needs, we have decided to postpone all our face to face events until further notice. We have taken this unprecedented decision because the health and safety of our members and colleagues is paramount.
We will continue monitoring the situation over the coming weeks and decide if there is a need to postpone any future events. We hope to be able to re-schedule the postponed events later in the year if possible. In the interim, you can still access online Risk Prevention programmes through our PRISM platform and we will be scheduling regular webinars.
Tackle the challenges of your daily practice with our professional development workshops.
The Mastering workshops series provides you with skills to combat the common causes of complaints and claims, developed through our 125 years' experience of supporting members.
Our specially trained facilitators are all experienced clinicians who understand the complexities of your practice. There is a range of half-day workshops to choose from, all with 3 hours CPD and free as a benefit of membership.
Risk Management Masterclass Orthopaedic, Spinal and Neurosurgeons
Enhance your expertise, reduce your risk
As an experienced surgeon you will know all about the risk of complaints and litigation. This masterclass can reduce your risk by developing your communication skills and teaching you a range of practical techniques to improve your patient interactions.
Experienced orthopaedic, spinal and neurosurgeons
Medical Protection members: No additional charge as a benefit of membership
Accredited for 6 CPD points per masterclass
Attend this masterclass to:
- Understand the link between communication and litigation.
- Incorporate the skills of listening, reflection and checking on patient understanding.
- Improve the skills required for consent and shared decision making.
- Appreciate patient motivations to complain or claim.
- Communicate regret and empathy with the patient’s situation and understand that this is not necessarily an admission of liability.
- Apply models for communicating with patients about adverse outcomes.
- Be provided with skills that will help reduce your exposure to complaints and claims.
A one-day interactive and practical masterclass tailored to the needs of experienced orthopaedic, spinal and neurosurgeons.