Tackle the challenges of your daily practice with our professional development workshops.
The Mastering workshops series provides you with skills to combat the common causes of complaints and claims, developed through our 125 years' experience of supporting members.
Our specially trained facilitators are all experienced clinicians who understand the complexities of your practice. There is a range of half-day workshops to choose from, all with 3 hours CPD and free as a benefit of membership.
Medication errors and safer prescribing
This workshop will enhance your understanding of errors in the medication process. With practical tips and reliable strategies, it can help you prescribe more safely, reduce the risk of medication errors and optimise the use of medicines for patients.
1 in 5 of GP Medical Protection claims consist of medication errors.
The essentials of the medication process
- Enhance your understanding of medication errors
- Discover how to recognise high risk situations and common errors
- Be safe, with your P.R.E.S.C.R.I.B.E checklist
- Learn the best ways to reduce possible harm to your patients
- Find how to help patients make effective use of their medicines.
Medical Protection members FREE
- GP registrars
- Non-specialist hospital doctors
- General practitioners
- Three-hour workshop
- Short lectures
- Reflective exercise
- Small group-facilitated discussions
- Rehearsal of skills