Tackle the challenges of your daily practice with our professional development workshops.
The Mastering workshops series provides you with skills to combat the common causes of complaints and claims, developed through our 125 years' experience of supporting members.
Our specially trained facilitators are all experienced clinicians who understand the complexities of your practice. There is a range of half-day workshops to choose from, all with 3 hours CPD and free as a benefit of membership.
Medical records for general practitioners
View all workshops
+44 113 241 0696
This workshop gives you an in-depth guide to keeping complete and well organised medical records, as they are a major factor in litigation cases brought against healthcare professionals. Through a range of presentations, discussions, case scenarios and practical exercises, it highlights the importance of accurate and up-to-date medical records for both patient care and professional defence.
“Excellent course – would highly recommend to others. Was exactly what I needed to learn."
Prioritising good record-keeping
- Acquire a greater understanding of why medical records are important
- Learn the legal, statutory and contractual requirements for your records
- Stay up-to-date with the principles of good record keeping
- Enhance your skills in making good clinical entries
- Asses the quality of your own record keeping.
Medical Protection members - FREE
- Three-hour workshop
- Short lectures
- Reflective exercise
- Small group-facilitated discussions
- Rehearsal of skills