Tackle the challenges of your daily practice with our professional development workshops.
The Mastering workshops series provides you with skills to combat the common causes of complaints and claims, developed through our 125 years' experience of supporting members.
Our specially trained facilitators are all experienced clinicians who understand the complexities of your practice. There is a range of half-day workshops to choose from, all with 3 hours CPD and free as a benefit of membership.
Mastering your risk
This workshop gives you a thorough grounding in the issues surrounding managing risk through communication. It introduces proven preventative skills and techniques you can implement immediately to reduce your exposure to litigation and complaints, improving patient safety.
"An excellent course. I thought this was extremely powerful."
The fundamentals of risk management
- Find out why patients take action against doctors
- Discover how to set realistic patient expectations
- Master the five principles of good communication with C.L.E.A.R
- Understand how to collaborate as a healthcare team
- Learn how to best handle patient concerns about colleagues.
Medical Protection members - FREE
- GP trainees
- Non-consultant hospital doctors
- Three-hour workshop
- Short lectures
- Reflective exercise
- Small group-facilitated discussions
- Rehearsal of skills