Tackle the challenges of your daily practice with our professional development workshops.
The Mastering workshops series provides you with skills to combat the common causes of complaints and claims, developed through our 125 years' experience of supporting members.
Our specially trained facilitators are all experienced clinicians who understand the complexities of your practice. There is a range of half-day workshops to choose from, all with 3 hours CPD and free as a benefit of membership.
Mastering difficult interactions with patients
View all workshops
+44 113 241 0696
This workshop helps you identify and utilise a range of different skills in difficult clinical interactions with patients. These skills can help you and your patients reach a more favourable outcome and still preserve the integrity of the important doctor-patient relationship.
Workshop feedback: "Very constructive. Finally, a model of workplace behaviour that will help change my patient interactions in the future."
Overcoming challenging conversations
- Gain a greater awareness of people’s personal attitudes
- Understand the four factors that can make interactions difficult
- Hone your ability to choose the right response
- Master our five steps to improve difficult patient interactions with S.O.L.V.E
Medical Protection members - FREE
- GP trainees
- Non-consultant hospital doctors
- Three-hour workshop
- Short lectures
- Reflective exercise
- Small group-facilitated discussions
- Rehearsal of skills