Tackle the challenges of your daily practice with our professional development workshops.
The Mastering workshops series provides you with skills to combat the common causes of complaints and claims, developed through our 125 years' experience of supporting members.
Our specially trained facilitators are all experienced clinicians who understand the complexities of your practice. There is a range of half-day workshops to choose from, all with 3 hours CPD and free as a benefit of membership.
Mastering adverse outcomes
This workshop will give you the skills to successfully communicate with your patients should they suffer an adverse outcome during their care. Gain effective strategies and enhanced skills to help you respond, with an introduction to the ethical, legal and regulatory obligations that you would face following an adverse outcome.
“If we all exercise what we were taught today, the patient care will be excellent.
Taking control when things go wrong
- Understand what an adverse outcome is, and why they happen
- Learn the A.S.S.I.S.T model to aid communication with your patients
- Discover why patients take action against doctors
- Understand the legal, cultural and ethical obligations around adverse outcomes.
Medical Protection members - FREE
- GP trainees
- Non-consultant hospital doctors
- Three-hour workshop
- Short lectures
- Reflective exercise
- Small group-facilitated discussions
- Rehearsal of skills