Protecting you in your intern year
As you approach your foundation years you’re probably very aware of the increased responsibilities you’ll soon face. Make sure that during this exciting time you’re free to practise with well-earned confidence.
As you begin to face more situations where medicolegal issues could arise, your professional protection becomes even more important. Renewing your Medical Protection membership means that you can stay seamlessly protected as you start a more practical role.
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP NOW FOR JUST €20 FOR 12 MONTHS OF PROTECTION
To renew, simply click the button below and complete the Direct Debit form - €20 will be deducted from your account upon your renewal, covering you for your intern year.
If you haven’t yet logged in to your online account, you may need to register to set this up. To do this, simply click the link above using your membership number, along with your date of birth and surname to register for an online account.
If you have registered, but cannot remember your details, simply follow the forgotten username/ forgotten password process.
Why continue your Medical Protection membership?
We’re the only medical defence organisation with members all over the world, and expertise that can help keep you safe throughout your career.
Member of another organisation? That’s not a problem. At this stage in your career it’s fine to explore your options. Being with another MDO won’t affect your Medical Protection membership.
Your benefits can help you stay seamlessly protected as you start a more practical role.
- If something goes wrong, don’t worry. Your membership means you have the right to request assistance for complaints that arise from your clinical practice.
- Give yourself peace of mind as you progress your career. You’ll also have the right to request assistance with clinical negligence claims when you start to practise outside the protection of NHS indemnity.
- Everyone needs someone to talk to every now and again, so you can always call one of our team for expert medicolegal advice. There’s even out-of-hours help in an emergency. If you’re facing an issue, call +44 113 241 0200.
- Your membership goes beyond just clinical negligence claims. Don’t forget that you can also ask for help for disciplinary procedures, regulatory issues, Gardaí investigations and inquests.
- Add to your growing expertise with our risk management courses. Tackling common causes of complaints, you can choose from accessible online learning or in-person workshops presented by experienced doctors.
- Whatever issue you’re facing, there are a huge number of medicolegal articles and case studies available to you in our online archive. Plus you’ll get copies of our journal Casebook delivered to your door.
We’re a member-owned protection organisation for doctors around the world. Our sole purpose is protecting the careers and reputations of members like you.
For over 125 years we’ve been protecting healthcare professionals, providing peace of mind that gives you the freedom to practise with confidence. Throughout your entire career we can be here to give you the help you need when you need it most. We’re here at every step, helping you to stay protected today, tomorrow, and into the future.