Jointly organised by The Hong Kong Medical Association and Medical Protection
Train to be a medical expert, and discover how to provide independent opinion in medical negligence litigation, Medical Council inquiries, personal injury court cases and other tribunals.
Take this opportunity to expand your expertise. The course will explore the Court’s expectations, procedures, and your obligations for the benefit of patients, the public and the profession.
With only 70 places available, the course fills quickly. Register for your place today.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Download the information and booking form
DOWNLOAD FLYER & REGISTRATION FORM
- Print the reply slip
- Complete and return the reply slip, along with a cheque for HK$200, to:
Hong Kong Medical Association
Duke of Windsor Social Services Building
15 Hennessey Road, Wanchai
All are welcome to attend the training. Priority will be given to:
- Current experts and those interested in being an expert witness after training
- Medical Protection members
Registration closes on Saturday 4 August 2018
We will let you know if you have a place at the training. If you have not received a reply by Wednesday 8 August, please contact HKMA Secretariat on 2527 8452.
If you do not secure a place at this event, you will be given priority registration for future training for medical experts.
The two-day programme will include:
- The role of medical experts
- Principles of medical negligence
- The litigation process in Hong Kong
- An expert’s perspective: Preparing for court and professional issues
- The brief, preparation and legal considerations for expert reports
- Expert reports: The good, the bad and the ugly
- Claims handling, ethical considerations and difficult decisions
- A medical expert in Medical Council inquiries, coroner’s inquests, tribunals and other situations
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Appearing in court: courtroom skills and what to expect
- An interactive debate on challenging claims cases
- A quickfire quiz