Infection Control Risk Assessment for GP Practices
It is estimated that 300,000 patients a year in England acquire a healthcare-associated infection as a result of care within the NHS1 - many of these cases are preventable.
Appropriate infection control is an essential aspect of healthcare. It is integral to the health and safety of patients, practitioners and staff. With the right systems, processes and training, the risk of infection can be detected and managed.
An MPS Infection Control Risk Assessment will help you to understand where your practice is performing well and highlight opportunities for improvement.
This risk assessment will:
- help you understand the importance of infection control in providing safe patient care
- inform you about how infection control and decontamination legislation affects your practice
- provide you with recommended actions that will help you to reduce the risk of infection and comply with national standards for practices in England; this will include compliance with CQC essential standards
- improve patient and staff safety within your practice.
What does it involve?
An Infection Control Risk Assessment involves a two to three hour practice visit by one of our expert facilitators. During the visit the facilitator will:
- review your current approach to infection control
- undertake semi-structured interviews with key practice staff
- identify areas of risk within your practice relating to infection control.
Following the risk assessment you will be provided with a report of the findings. This will highlight areas of good practice and areas for improvement. It will provide you with recommendations that will help you to manage and reduce infection in your practice and assist you in ensuring that your systems and procedures are compliant with current guidelines and legislation.
The risk assessment is a supportive process that is tailored to the needs of your practice, giving you a very personal quality improvement experience.
How much does it cost?
- Practices with MPS members: £895 + VAT
- Practices with no MPS members: £1,275 + VAT
MPS’s facilitators are experienced primary care professionals, with a passion for education and risk management.
Book your risk assessment
If you are interested in commissioning this risk assessment for your organisation, please contact MPS Educational Services:
Telephone: +44 (0)113 241 0624
Enhance this experience
Staff awareness and training relating to infection control is crucial in helping to minimise the risk to patients and staff. You may wish to complement this risk assessment by booking an Infection Control in Primary Care workshop for the whole practice team.
Staff awareness and training relating to infection control is crucial in helping to minimise the risk to patients and staff. practices may wish to complement this risk assessment by booking an Infection Control in Primary Care workshop for the whole practice team.