4.3 Honesty and integrity
Domain 4: Maintaining trust
Attribute 4.3: Act with honesty and integrity
This attribute is about behaving in a professional and ethical manner.
You can demonstrate it by:
Medical Protection resources
- being honest in financial and commercial dealings
- ensuring any published information about your services is factual and verifiable
- informing patients about any fees and charges before starting treatment
- being honest in any formal statement or report and making clear the limits of your knowledge or competence.
- Advice booklet MPS Guide to ethics explores the practical consequences of ethical dilemmas that clinicians face on a daily basis.
Advice booklet Professionalism – an MPS guide takes a closer look at what it means to be a professional.
Factsheets about records and reports include advice on report writing, expert reports and fitness to work statements.
Practical tips to help you plan and prepare for revalidation
Go to guidance