Mastering Your Risk
70% of clinical negligence claims are related to poor communication
Mastering Your Risk is the first in a series of communication and interpersonal skills workshops attended to date by over 10,000 doctors in eight countries.
International research shows doctors have the potential to reduce the risk of litigation by improving communication skills and better managing patient expectations.
The Mastering Your Risk workshop gives you a thorough grounding in the issues surrounding risk management. It introduces proven preventative skills and techniques you can implement immediately to reduce exposure to litigation and complaints.
This workshop provides practical and interactive training in various verbal and non-verbal techniques to improve communication skills and patient satisfaction.
By attending this workshop you will:
- gain a greater understanding of the motivation behind patient claims and complaints and why patients sue
- enhance your skills in communicating effectively with patients to reduce risk
- understand why certain “bedside” manners can expose you to increased risk
- gain a greater appreciation for the importance of documentation in protecting against litigation
- learn about international experience in reducing risk
- acquire a deeper understanding of the link between communication skills and patient dissatisfaction.
Mastering Your Risk is the first workshop in the Mastering series, and we highly recommend participants attend this workshop first.
Click here to view dates and book online
Who's it for?
Doctors in training, non-consultant hospital doctors, consultants and general practitioners.
The workshop attracts six ethical CEU (CPD points).
Members - FREE as a benefit of membership.
Format and duration
A three hour workshop comprising short lectures, reflective exercises, small group facilitated discussions, group activities and rehearsal of skills.