This workshop offers professional insights and key communication skills for when patient care passes between doctors. It is designed to help you improve the safety of care that you and your colleagues collectively provide. By highlighting the danger of assumption, and the need for communication, it can also help you reduce your risk of complaints or claims.
70% of litigation is related to poor communication
Beckman et al 1994
Safely sharing patient care
- Discover the importance of professional interactions
- Understand the danger of assumption
- Find out how to ensure patient safety through good communication
- Improve collaboration with your colleagues to reduce stress
- Learn how to transfer patient care safely with our five step S.H.I.F.T guide.
Small group-facilitated discussions
Rehearsal of skills
Medical Protection members - Free
Six ethical CEU