Developing a safety culture within your practice
Take action to help reduce your risk by improving your communication skills and developing techniques to better manage your patient expectations.
96% of previous attendees said that they would change their practice as a result of the Mastering your risk workshop.
The Mastering workshops should be compulsory! Very good and informative, I love these.
General practitioners and specialists
Three hour workshop comprising short lectures, reflective exercise, small group-facilitated discussions, group activities and rehearsal of skills
Available to members only and free as a benefit of membership
CPD and CME
For details of accreditation by the New Zealand and Australasian Colleges, please click here.
By attending this workshop you will:
- enhance your skills in communicating effectively with patients to reduce risk
- acquire a deeper understanding of the link between communication skills and patient dissatisfaction
- gain a greater understanding of the motivation behind patient complaints
- learn about international experience in reducing risk
- gain a greater appreciation for the importance of documentation in protecting against disciplinary action.
MPS communication skills workshops
This workshop can be delivered in house for practices with a minimum of 15 doctors. If you are interested in commissioning this workshop for your organisation, please contact MPS Education Services for more information and costs.