Jointly Organised and Sponsored by the Medical Protection Society and The Hong Kong Medical Association
Have you ever been asked to be an expert? Here is a chance for you to be trained as a medical expert and to learn about the expectations, procedures and obligations for the benefit of patients, the public and the profession.
Doctors are increasingly invited to act as medical experts and to provide independent opinion in medical negligence litigation, Medical Council Inquiries, personal injury court cases and tribunals.
- Saturday: Lunch, registration and presentations from 1pm – 6:15pm.
- Sunday: Lunch, registration and training from 1pm – 6:00pm
- Capacity : 75 (Places limited)
- Admission : $200 (Full refund upon completion of the 2-day training)
- This course is supported by Hong Kong Academy of Medicine.
- CME Accreditation: 3 points for each day
Topics covered will include:
Find out more and book your place
- Role of Medical Experts
- Principles of Medical Negligence
- The Litigation Process in Hong Kong
- An Expert’s Perspective: Preparing for Court and Professional Issues
- Expert Reports – The Brief, Preparation and Legal Considerations
- Expert Reports – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Claims Handling – Ethical Considerations and Difficult Decisions
- A Medical Expert in Medical Council Inquiries, Coroner’s Inquests, Tribunals and Other situations
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Appearance in Court – Courtroom Skills and What To Expect
- Challenging Claims Cases – Interactive Debate
- Quickfire Quiz